It's time for our monthly Colour Your World Blog Hop! On the third Tuesday of each month a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from around the world share projects made with the palette of the month!
This month's colours are bold and remind me of autumn. I try and use as many of the colours in my projects and this month I managed to use them all.
Here is my card using the Painted Harvest Stamp Set.
It so easy to create a "dimensional" flower by layering images and colours one on top of the other like I did with the flower. I used only one colour in different "strengths" to create the final look. Stamping the ferns first allowed me to stamp the flowers over the ends.
So here's how I made my card today:
- Fold Whisper White cardstock (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") in half to form card base.
- Cut a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper (Tangerine Tango) and glue to front of card.
- Cut a 1 1/2" x 6" piece of DSP and cut both ends with the Banner Triple Punch. Glue to middle of card.
- Cut a piece of Berry Burst ribbon and bunch up along the top of the DSP strip. I applied some SNAIL along the DSP and then just glued the ribbon along the length bunching it up as I went.
- Cut out the largest circle from a 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" piece of Whisper White using the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies and Big Shot.
- Ink the fern image from the Painted Harvest stamp set in Tranquil Tide ink and stamp on the circle. Ink again and stamp another fern.
- Ink the bolder flower in Berry Burst ink and stamp off once on a piece of scrap paper and then without reinking stamp it on the circle.
- Ink the more detailed flower stamp in Berry Burst ink and stamp on top of the first flower image.
- Stamp the center of the flower in So Saffron ink.
- Add the little dots in the middle of the So Saffron circle in Tangerine Tango.
- Ink the saying in Basic Black Archival and stamp on the circle.
- Add some Wink of Stella to the petals and flower center.
- Pop up the circle with Stampin' Dimensionals in the center of your card.
It's hard to see the sparkly petals in the picture but it's gorgeous in person.
I laid down some snail across the middle of the DSP and then glue down the ribbon crinkling it as I went along. I love this Painted Autumn Suite of products from the Holiday Catalogue so much that Patsy and I choose it as our September Free Card PDF program - read about how you can receive free cards in the mail!
Here are the products I used in today's card (click on the picture and you'll be directed to my online store):
We would love to have you try to make a project with this month's palette and share it with us. We have a Facebook Group for your Colour Your World Challenge - please click here
and ask to join!
Are you ready to hop along and see what my friends have created? Click on Previous or Next button or click on the names in the links.